Overview of IOR Global Services
IOR Global Services (“IOR”) is a leader in the rapidly growing market for global mobility and talent management solutions. For 40 years, IOR has provided premier support services for global business travelers, employees and families on international assignments. We partner with clients to help their employees work more effectively across cultures and advance their global talent. IOR’s businesses include Destination Services, Language Training, Cultural Training and Global Talent Management Solutions. IOR delivers its services in over 70 countries through a network of more than 2,000 independent consultants.
The Summer Intern will be based at our headquarters in Northbrook, IL. Starting and ending dates will be flexible based on school schedules.
Summer Intern Job Description
During the 8-10 week internship, the Summer Intern will gain exposure to all aspects of IOR’s business through a rotation in which he/she will work with the Destination Services, Language Training and Cultural Training groups. He/she may also assist the Sales, Marketing and Technology teams and will work on projects with Senior Management.
The Summer Intern will have the opportunity to work directly with Directors of IOR’s Business Units and Senior Management. He/she will also have an assigned mentor for the summer that will monitor workload and development. There will be a brief training and overview of all the businesses the first week of the internship.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completed Sophomore (preferably Junior) year of college
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
- Team player, but also possessing the ability to work independently at times
- International Business or Studies, Real Estate or Humanities/Language major (preferred)
- Tech savvy; competent using Windows XP; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Ability to learn proprietary program management system (CRM Software).
- Intellectual curiosity; interest in foreign cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in foreign language(s)
- International experience living/studying abroad (preferred)
Please send a resume and a 200 to 300-word letter outlining your career goals and a brief description of what you would like to gain from a summer internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume and letter by March 8th.
After reviewing resumes, interviews will be scheduled with qualified applicants. Compensation for the internship will be discussed during the interview process. We invite you to visit our website at www.iorworld.com.