Celebrating its 40th anniversary, IOR Global Services is an award-winning provider of global mobility services designed to advance employee effectiveness across cultures. IOR has also been selected as a Top Place to Work in Illinois, by the Daily Herald Business Ledger and has been recognized in the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for supporting the IOR Accounting Department specifically in the areas of Accounts Payable. The position will also assist with other Accounting functions as needed such as Accounts Receivable data entry. This is a full-time position based out of our Northbrook, IL office with an immediate start date. The position reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Perform all daily accounts payable functions
- Record debit activity into QuickBooks as needed
- Enter Vendor bills into QuickBooks
- Enter contractor W-9 information into QuickBooks
- Enter contractor bank information into payment sites and maintain templates
- Run reports from proprietary sites regularly
- Process payments through bank and Western Union for approval
- Investigate payment issues in a timely manner
- Enter expense reports into QB and classify to correct account and department
- Enter credit card expenses into QB and classify to correct account and department
- Make advance payments to clients as necessary
- Assist with processing complex client invoices through QuickBooks Desktop
- Administrative duties such as filing, processing forms, database information, vendor organization, etc.
- Office management assistance as needed
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets and financial reports
- Strong team player; willing to assist with a variety of duties
- Ability to speak to outside vendors and employees professionally
- Display positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Conscientious, organized, detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Independent worker who needs little direction to accomplish tasks under strict deadlines. Able to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks that occur simultaneously
Education & Skills
- Proficiency in all facets of QuickBooks including billing and invoicing
- Tech savvy; fluent in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to learn IOR’s proprietary program management systems (Gateway, IRMA)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; accounting or business-related degree preferred
- Timely and accurate vendor and contractor payments
- Timely and accurate expense and credit card processing and reporting
- Maintain good relationships with the internal IOR team and outside representatives from all areas
To apply for this position, please submit a current resume with cover letter addressed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please specify “Accounting Associate”.
No phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact you if we are interested in pursuing your application further.